Green Ribbon Schools
The Green Ribbon Schools program recognizes schools that save energy, reduce costs, feature environmentally sustainable learning spaces, protect health, foster wellness, and offer environmental education to boost academic achievement and community engagement.
2014-2015 Green Ribbon Schools Application
2014 U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS WINNERS:
2013 U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS WINNERS:
2012 U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS WINNERS:
RHODE ISLAND GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS WINNERS:
- Nathan Bishop Middle School
- Classical High School
- Providence Career and Technical Academy
- The Compass School
- The Greene School
- Claiborne Pell Elementary School
Sustainable Schools Summit
Facilities matter. And sustainable schools, or green schools, are the highest quality learning environments. They provide plenty of light and excellent air circulation and climate control. Green schools save taxpayer dollars - through economies during construction and through long-term savings on energy and utility costs. Green schools can also provide excellent opportunities for student explorations in science, ecology, engineering, and other career & technical fields.
The Sustainable Schools Summit promotes greater participation in creating and maintaining efficient, clean, and healthy learning environments
- to improve schools’ environmental quality;
- to make schools across the region healthier, more productive places to learn;
- to provide districts with resources to integrate sustainability principles and practices into their school curriculum and culture.
The 2014 Sustainable Schools Summit will be November 7, 2014 at Rhode Island College. Registration will open soon!