Instructional Support System
The Rhode Island Instructional Support System combines curriculum, assessment, instructional practice tools, and student data for educators and administrators into one online system.
Brief History of the Instructional Support System
The Instructional Support System was developed with the Race to the Top funds and provides:
- Support to districts, schools, and teachers to make data-driven decisions that improve student learning; and
- Facilitates research to increase student achievement and close achievement gaps.
This system is intended to enhance the ability of educators to efficiently and accurately manage, analyze, and use education data, including individual student records.
Benefits of the Instructional Support System
Using Rhode Island's Instructional Support System helps educators:
- identify students' academic strengths and weaknesses;
- identify and address potential recurring impediments to student learning, e.g., problems with attendance or difficulty in mastering prerequisite knowledge or skills, before they negatively affect student success;
- make more informed (data-driven) decisions designed to improve student learning;
- increase student achievement and close achievement gaps; and
- quickly create targeted differentiation groups and cohorts.
How to Access the Rhode Island Instructional Support System
The Rhode Island Instructional Support System is accessed through a link in RIDEmap. Clicking on the Instructional Support System link lands you on the Instructional Support System District, School or Teacher dashboard where you can view school and student longitudinal data.
Access to RIDEmap Portal